This is a place where I share my creations and things that I have received from other creative people. It also is a place to share with my friends and family things pertaining to our life.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

2 Year Anniversary of My WLS

March 18th 2010 I had Weight Loss Surgery it has been one of the best choices that I have ever made for myself.  I have lost over 230 lbs in 2 years.  I still have some to loose but it has been quite a journey. The procedure I had is call the Duodenal Switch.   If you are interested you can go to Obesityhelp.com, DSfacts.com or you can leave me a message and I will get back to you.   Weight Loss Surgery isn't for everyone but it was my last hope for I was dying a slow but painful death.  I couldn't walk very far, I was pretty much home bound.  Now I am in charge of the Wednesday night dinner that our church provides before our bible study.  That means going shopping, cooking and serving this meal.  I also have started doing Zumba 4 times a week.  If you would have told me that I would enjoy exercising I would have laugh in your face, but I really am having fun.  I don't move the same way as the younger ones and ever some that are my age but the main thing is that I am moving and loving every minute of ir.   I started out wearing a size 5 to 6 X.   Today I wear a 12/14 top and a size 16 paints.  Even if I don't loose anymore I am so much better off .  Here are a some pictures to show a little of the progress.    Thanks for looking.



Night before Surgery

Night before surgery

1st year 
Anniversary

1st year Anniversary
2nd Year Anniversary
2nd year Anniversary
2nd year Anniversary
Hugs
Donalda

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Donalda, I am so happy for you!!! You are looking great and to know you can now do zumba is fantastic! God is good and He sends the right people and information our way if we but ask. So thankful you are so much healthier and still with us!

Blessings!

Sheri